Monday 9 March 2015

'38Fest 2015: The Spectred Isle


For the last year or two, attempts have been made to put on a big VBCW community event, either by holding a series of linked Big Games across the country, or by having a massive get-together at a single venue. Sadly neither have managed to quite work.

This year however, VBCW maestro Pete 'Panzerkaput' Barfield has come up with a cracking idea - it's time to fight for The Sceptred Isle...


This year's VBCW game at Partizan will see two sides fighting over the Crown Jewels. The interesting thing is that players are invited to play this exact same scenario beforehand, in the comfort of their own clubs/garages/man caves, during the month of May.


So long as the scenario and terrain is roughly adhered to, players can use any force, rules, scale, table size etc. The results of each game will then be fed back to Pete, and will have a bearing on the big game at Partizan.


This means that anyone, be they in the UK or foreign climes, can join in, from a solo game on your kitchen table to a full-on club game, using whatever models are at your disposal.

Please take a look at Pete's blog for more details!

6 comments:

  1. I will definitely enter. I feel the Chatham Collective will be taking on Spode's Blackshorts again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff!
      I shall be opening negotiations with SWMBO to get a free day for a bash at this - wish me luck!

      Delete
  2. Yep, I'm in. If anyone's interested my progress to May can be followed at A Plastic Very British Civil War (http://lrqan2.blogspot.co.uk/). I'm running it in conjunction with my attempts to get really into this period. Rob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one Rob - consider your blog followed!

      Delete
  3. I'm in. My campaign area can host a battle for the jewels.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.