Saturday 18 February 2012

Stand down chaps, stand down

Well, the best laid plans of mice and men oft go up the spout, and so it proved today.

My participation in the big-ish game was scuppered due to the unfortunate lurgie that has gripped my family. And so instead of helping to umpire the game, I've spent the day on nursing duty.

This does however give me some time to take photos of some miniatures I had hurriedly painted in readiness for the big(ish) event.

Here they are, the newly uniformed and equipped Monmouthshire English company, now fully incorporated into the BUF Three Counties Legion.

All dressed up and nowhere to go...
Figures are Warlord Games (ex BEF) Belgians, with a Great War miniatures officer.

And to redress the balance a little, a support team for the Archenfield Amatuer Athletics Association, with one of those new fangled Czech LMGs.


This one is a Westwind 8th Army Bren gun team.

It's a damn shame that I couldn't get to the biggish game, but the health of my family is of course of far greater importance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.